As an early childhood educator, I could use the following with twitter:
- As a parent communication tool - ask parent to sign up and received tweets on daily activities and projects, what has been learned in the classroom
- Share news, inspirations, ideas (using #) with other educators, parents
- Network with other professionals, search using keyword in the twitter search engine, eg. teachingtechnology, fundraising ideas. Follow people and start communicating.
- Connect with other pre-school or kindergarten around the world to collaborate projects, children can also learn different classroom and cultural protocols
- Subscribe to #educhat and participate
- Ask for help & advice
Other useful twitter tools:
- Twittermap - shows on a world map of people twitting, search by username, keywords, hashtag..etc.
- Twitterfall - show a list of results on search term by keywords, hashtag
Twitter cheat sheet - Learn about what all the symbols (@, RT, #) mean and tricks of the trade.